Installing 3 Phase Socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think my assessor will expect me to prove continuity of earth from board to end of armoured?

To the socket I would think bud as that would be the test for a cert would it not, well at least to the local isolator, you had thought of that hadn't you?

Yea for the cert will have continuity of earth for circuit, will the swa just come under earthing and bonding as it isnt being used for the circuit's earth?

sorry to tramp on your party guys,

but do we really need to be telling people how to work with 3phase.?

I dont really care for the reason,

its 3 PHASE FCOL...!!!!!!!!

Steps,

Normally I would agree 1000%.

However, the OP said it was for a training exercise, so perhaps the post would have been better in the learning zone, but, it was here.

Also as the guy has said it is an exercise for his NVQ assessor to check then it is to be removed, and, that his boss has let him have the run of the co stors.

So I thought it OK to help a trainee get his head around it to get qualified, especially as it seemed he had qualified mentors around, thus they should be supervising his work.

I took his questions on here as background research?

Thing is, I see this with my sprogs they don't look in books for research, the 1st & last place they look and ask is on line!

Steps,Normally I would agree 1000%.

However, the OP said it was for a training exercise, so perhaps the post would have been better in the learning zone, but, it was here.

Also as the guy has said it is an exercise for his NVQ assessor to check then it is to be removed, and, that his boss has let him have the run of the co stors.

So I thought it OK to help a trainee get his head around it to get qualified, especially as it seemed he had qualified mentors around, thus they should be supervising his work.

I took his questions on here as background research?

Thing is, I see this with my sprogs they don't look in books for research, the 1st & last place they look and ask is on line!
fair comment,

learning zone it should have been in .

just seems more and more 3ph questions popping up here,

3ph basics shouldnt be getting asked on an internet forum, someone competent NEEDS to actually physically inspect the work.

just me with my grumps going again.

Carry em on me van mate also 3/4"M>20mmF, 3/4"F>20mmM, same with 25mm & 1" could be well lost without them!
Thats the engineer in you, I still have my imperial spanners and sockets just incase.

Latest posts