Intermittently Won't start - Fiat Ulysse 2.0l Petrol - Nothing on the key but ignition lights (full battery)..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I do believe that I have mentioned this on here before.

The issue that I have is my Fiat Ulysse from time to time, won't start. I mean that there is nothing on the turn of the key - ONLY a full , bright set of ignition lights etc. The battery is full, and everything else works - such as, the radio, lights, electric windows, central locking etc.

Before the last month or two, there would be absolutely no sound at all, during the turn over of the key - absolutely Nothing.

The past month (ish) I have noticed that there is a click on every turn on the ingnition key, coming from the relays at the side of the fusebox, behind the glovebox compartment.

I would prefer to have the car to be "annalysed", "diagnosed" by an auto electrician, but as it is intermittent, it is a pain. I will be going out to check it again soon, to see if it will start. (it usually does).

Pics below, and the video from my previous thread. (just found it)...

C7uWS3jGgZM

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My mate is a Fiat mechanic I can ask him in the week if he knows of anything to look out for.

Yes mate - I checked that last time mate.

Trouble is , Admin, modern vehicles sem to need banks of circuit boards just to do the simplist things and its often those that play up.

Yer old Cortina would have been ....... turn the key...solenoid operates (or doesn't) ...which switches a 16mm flexi cable down to the starter motor...motor turns and cranks engine . (or doesn't)

UPDATE:

Re-checked wiring to starter - looked alright - Tried again, Still no Joy. Tried the old "Tap the Starter motor" and it started. :D Happy days.

Update 20/05/2012: The issue was the solenoide - Replaced recently (got fed up with "tapping it") with a brand new starter motor. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts