Interpretation and application to attain compliance with wiring regs.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to take a back seat on this one , because I happen to think that the 17th edition was unnecessary, just a load of changes for the sake of it . This bloody obsession with burying cables in the wall at 50mm is nonsense , this reliance on RCDs is not good ,as said elsewhere, they are most unreliable and never even get the test button pressed, I discover too many not tripping to have confidence in them .

I'm hearing younger sparks now saying " There was this old split load board fitted so we had to change it " Why ? I.m sure I wouldn't.

I think we have been regulated to destruction now and the trade is ruled by the "Walking Regs Book, Assessor types" . Take his book away , give him an industrial plant or process to wire up and they wouldn't have a clue.

On my last assessment I was given a lecture on "Safe isolation " for some reason, FFS this is my 50th year in the trade , I've been Apprentice, Electrician, Approved Electrican, Overhead Crane Remote control Eng, Site Foreman , Supervisor, Estimator, and 16 years self employed and a bloke,s telling me how to 'effin' well test for "Dead" !!!!!

Well I'm F****** sick of it TBH.

Sorry guys , some days all this crap gets me down .

Now wheres my old guitar , lets play a few Woody Guthrie songs and annoy the missus.