Invoicing software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voltimax

©CAHAGIYTYHE™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still bored :|

Anyhow I was wondering how you guys do your invoicing etc.

I've spoken to quite a few other tradesmen about this and some of the guys that have been around for a long time are scared of computers so just use the duplicate hand written invoice pads and a paper ledger.

Myself when I first started on my own 9 years ago I used simple excel templates. I then went on to purchase a copy of quickbooks 2000. Funnily enough I stopped using it about a year ago and have gone back to using excel.

I have a simple invoice template, both a single page and 2 page version which self calculates. I also have an invoice log spreadsheet in which I enter the invoice details and terms. It then tells me the date the invoice is due and flags up when it becomes overdue.

I could put these in the downloads section for anyone who's interested.

Anyway, what do you guys use? and how do you keep track?

I use quickbooks 2006 at moment but I have had a few problems with it seems it doesn't like internet explorer 8 so have gone back to ie7 but it seems to suit my business generally. Now my powersuite is also playing up so thats going to need a bit of sorting out too.

i use Access - i have made a form to enter all data etc, and a report to print it.

for on the job invoices, i have hand written receipts printed to NCR paper

Andy, just curious, but did you have to use any visual basic with Access? I tried using it when I first started out but couldn't get it to do what I wanted, not without VB anyway.

BlushingI feel a bit backwards now :Blushing :

I just use open office writer (word) and type them out

I use Sage Instant. Professional looking and helps with the credit control. Plus the accountant loves it. Just email him a copy of the back up and end of year accounts done.

I use version 12 which a couple of years old. Pretty easy to use once you have set it all up, thats what takes the time.

BlushingI feel a bit backwards now :Blushing :I just use open office writer (word) and type them out
Your not alone :)

I do the same.

I did have all my stationary printed for me, there is an option for invoice,s but I have never managed to line up the printouts :)

So I just type them in word.

headbang

The level of my computering skills are well known on this Forum, but I manage quite well and simply with a template that fits my letterheads, on Word. Just bash it out, print two copies, post the headed one, file the other and also save in Inv folder.

Deke

The level of my computering skills are well known on this Forum, but I manage quite well and simply with a template that fits my letterheads, on Word. Just bash it out, print two copies, post the headed one, file the other and also save in Inv folder. Deke
give Aggie a shout,

she does mine for me.

but I have a feeling its probably very similar, although we are about to go very much upmarket soon if things work out. Pray

give Aggie a shout,she does mine for me.

but I have a feeling its probably very similar, although we are about to go very much upmarket soon if things work out. Pray
I hope they do steptoe here me wishing you well

Ive been playing around with excel (even tho I am a long long way off need it) I love working with excel ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

Ive cut off a little of the left hand side sorry Blushing

possibleinvoice.jpg

Excel spreadsheet with a few simple formulas. Also got a VAT sheet that I just enter invoice details into and it calculates all the boxes on the VAT return automatically. Just need to get round to linking the invoices to the VAT return to save manually cross referencing them.

Thanks for the replies.

One other question. In my area some tradesmen when carrying out work that was estimated (not quoted) provide invoice that is pages long with every material item listed. Others have two things listed. Materials