Is Part Pee a laugh?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a builder is working there & his work requires planning permission, could they not get bitten in the backside when the finished work is completed & inspected?

Problem is that a lot of these jobs do not ever get reported, but if they make any claim on their insurance they will not get anything, and that gentlemen is a fact, but the insurance companies will not inform you as an householder of this.

If you do not have a current electrical safety certificate, electrical inspection report, an electrical installation certificate that is up to date any insurance involving fixed electrical equipment, fire or fire damage caused by electrical fittings will not be covered in any insurance policy.

A quick phone call to your insurance company will confirm this, and if they say you are covered then ask them to give you that assurance in writing.

I doubt they will but worth a try.

If a builder is working there & his work requires planning permission, could they not get bitten in the backside when the finished work is completed & inspected?
I doubt very much if any planning permisson is involved, they are just doing it. As I said, already spent 2 hours there , the existing SWA hadn't been sealed so water had travelled up the cable by capillary action , at least 4 mtrs, steel wire armour sopping wet and starting to deteriate.

What amuses me is the builder and the customer assuring me that it will dry out and be fine . Also telling me that it only needs to be buried a couple of inches . The pair of them know Eff All about it . :eek:

Latest posts