Isolation switches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still not sure what hes getting at, but its late on a friday, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it, give us a clue?
Does it involve the cirucit being three plated at the isolation swithc rather than anywhere else?
It uses the double pole switch to switch the light and the fan, but not in the same terminals. You then have to think about how the fan side is connected to the live feed via the key switch.

Ah, I see... the bit I was missing from the mental image was the switching for the light being this position rather than elsewhere and nothing made any kind of sense, I automatically picture bathroom lighting as being via a pullcord with an extra mental leap required to picture anything else

Quite a nice solution, also gives oppertunity to add 3A (or even 1A) fuse to feed to fan as well, if MIs require it :)

It uses the double pole switch to switch the light and the fan, but not in the same terminals. You then have to think about how the fan side is connected to the live feed via the key switch.
✅ 11/10

Have you ever looked at the colour of a pull switch cord in a toilet or ensuite?
@Phoenix 🤢💩🤢