it equipment with pat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose man

Reaction score
hi all at my place of work i am currently doing pat but our it eqp is leased

from a local computer firm is it our responsibilty to pat or the firm that leases it to us as i am not sure how we stand

thanks moose man

Surely it depends on the terms of the contract?

But you will be having all the rest of your own stuff pat tested regularly won't you?

So if in doubt, and if due a re test, just get the leased IT stuff tested then. It will cost peanuts to include a few extra pc's along with everything else being tested.

i am doing the pat myself but will have a look at contracts as they are arranged at head office

Thanks mate what test doyou do on IT eqp like moniters and tower ie earth leakage and continuity i am useing a seawood supernova

Thanks for that nozspark all so i was looking at microwave testers as they have just put one in the staff kitchen martindale do one for

Better to get from here, web price may be more, but you'll get a better deal, there are also others much cheaper that function more than adequately.

Speak to MM.

Martindale TEK500 Microwave Leakage Detector. Buy online or call

This does figure in the latest IET CoP as a required test also in case anyone did not know!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:23 ----------

Oh, the leased PC equipment will be up to the leasing co.

Please also remember the intervals in the IET & HSE guidance.

Desktop PC's can be done every 5 years IIRC.

Check the guidance for all the kit you are testing as there can be considerable savings to be made.