Just pricing a job....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can`t mate.

1. they`ve already bought ALL the DLs online somewhere - they weren`t happy when I said the shower rooms would need different ones.

2. I don`t think we`ve got the work, TBH - they wanted a price to beat the other guy round the head with........... I think.

Local LABC is going to be hearing about it though.

When you see this sort of job, with 98 downlighters, it just hammers home the fact that present day homeowners, or home designers, have absolutely zero concept of energy efficient lighting. Who, in their right mind would design a lighting installation which (with 50w bulbs) consumes 4900W? That's enough to heat most homes, not to light them.

I firmly believe the GU10 / MR16 format of halogen downlighter should be banned on (lack of) energy efficiency grounds.

Instead, the humble 100W GLS bulb has gone, but people only used one of them per room normally. So you can't light your room with a single 100W GLS, but you can light it with 6 or more 50W GU10's. Complete madness.

Best of luck with the job, I think you are going to need it. If nothing else the lighting needs a re design, which then begs the question which of you signs the design bit of the 3 part EIC?

As long as the first "installer" has been paid then hopefully he will sign his bits of the cetificate, but if he's been left in the lurch and not paid I wouldn't expect him to cooperate.

Just make sure you are not held to ransome by the builder, i.e not paid until cmpletion certificate issued. You don't want to become the pawn in someone elses battle. In that situation, I would want a significant percentage up front before I start.

Latest posts