l e d lamp. Slight glow when circuit open.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaohm7

Reaction score
Had to look at a lighting problem yesterday where my sister was replacing their downlighter lamps to led types. ( GU10 ). the lights cover 80% of the ground floor and are switched in sections e.g kitchen area/reception area/study area and finally dining area. All the lamps work fine in all areas except the study area where they give off a faint glow when the switch is in the off position. I measured between the line and neutral and got 7v. I measured between the Neutral and earth and again got 7v. IR on the switch drop was fine but a flex had been used as switch drops. I'm suspecting maybe a neutral fault somewhere but all the cables have been notched under the joists and with the boards put up afterwards. The floor above is wooden and not practical to pull up. It might be a ceiling down job as this area is fairly small to be honestI've even taken out the loops to other areas but problem still exists. I will go back next weekend now to maybe help the Bro-in-law take down the ceiling. if all other means fail.

Is the flex earthed had this on a job a while back with a low energy lamp glowing slightly in the dark after earthing switch it cured the problem I would assume that was induced voltage some how.

Latest posts