Laptop Problem . . Help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to post this from my tablet thing, cos lappie has thrown a wobbled.

Samsung laptop, 9 months old. Used it to program a panel this morning on site, shut it down & put it back in its padded bag.

Just got in, fired it up, and there is an unusual series of muted beeps, and the lappie goes to bios start screen. The only sata device shown is the DVD-writer, no mention of a hard drive.

Bios screen shows data port 1: not installed.

I have up to date backups to the raid drive; so I haven't lost anything( I hope!), but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kme

try a ubuntu live disc , just to check all is ok,

you can then have a look and check if ubuntu can 'see' the HDD ,

will narrow down to either HW or SW issue

I'll just hold back on this one and see how they get on :innocent

Looks like I'm not on Technical Back up anymore

If you go and read the small print that came with the spark of the year trophy...

you will see that one of the privileges is a weekend off once a fortnight...

Canoey has put a post-it note by the beer fridge saying that you a off duty this weekend so all tech related issues will be covered by the nominated forum stand-in...

Go an relax till Monday morning when you will be back on duty Deke!

:Salute

Guinness   

Failing all the advice above, I recommend a bit of agricultural troubleshooting.

Step 1: Hit it with a hammer. Check if it works.

Step 2: Hit it again, harder. Check if it works.

Step 3 (optional): Attach any bits that has been detached during step 1 and 2 with either baler twine or duct tape. Check if it works.

Step 4: Bin it and go to the pub.

Failing all the advice above, I recommend a bit of agricultural troubleshooting.

Step 1: Hit it with a hammer. Check if it works.

Step 2: Hit it again, harder. Check if it works.

Step 3 (optional): Attach any bits that has been detached during step 1 and 2 with either baler twine or duct tape. Check if it works.

Step 4: Bin it and go to the pub.
:x

and some people question if you are really the ideal woman for me,?  :shakehead

I think Im a lesbian,

I must be,

I fancy women,,,,,,,    :|

and , I like carlsberg,

i suppose thats better than being a beardy old phart that drinks dirty dishwasher masquerading as some sort of flat beer the English call 'real ale'  :pmsl:

I've got Carlsberg in my fridge. Surely that is near perfection? :D
yes, your deffo getting close,

now,

about those boots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I think Im a lesbian,

I must be,

I fancy women,,,,,,,    :|

and , I like carlsberg,

i suppose thats better than being a beardy old phart that drinks dirty dishwasher masquerading as some sort of flat beer the English call 'real ale'  :pmsl:

yes, your deffo getting close,

now,

about those boots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I suppose that makes me half a lesbian. I like carlsberg. :D

Anyway, how many times have I told you that you can't borrow my stilettos?! The only boot's I'll lend you is my second best pair of steelies! :slap

Latest posts