Life In The Uk Test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss Sweedy,  there could well be a few Forumites backing your application to remain also.

Living in Birmingham I agree with Apprentice's opinion ........they arrest would be Muzzy terrorists here, every week , FFS.   get rid of that lot first.....they still sacrifice live sheep FFS.  what bleeding century do they think it is......never heard of a Swedish terrorist ,  they're great people , driving around in their Saabs,   listening to ABBA CDs   whats not to like?

I'll try the UK test later .

Stepps would pass it ...specially history ....he,s lived through most of it FFS  !  :innocent

Had a quick look ......can't get my head round Q 16  :C
This whole terrorist thing is a load of rubbish, its a good excuse to keep us restricted and spy on us all.

The thing about 'terrorism' it can not be stopped.  If there was a terrorist conspiracy against the UK it would be very easy to send people in with financial backing,  poor people who have nothing are not looking to come here to wage war against us. They are normal people like us with a wife and children.

Israel are not terrorists as they have a massive army and backing from USA. Hamas are called terrorists as they are just poor people standing up for themselves, without American weapons.

Open doors, we should all just be able to go wherever we like, just move no problem.

burn your passport,

claim to be a Jedi and that you are being persecuted in Sweden,

or,

marry a British citizen,  :D

I've still got room under the patio,

the current Mrs Steptoe keeps saying we should make it bigger,  ]:)

FFS, if they let all the uneducated scum benefits claims pratts in why TF wont they allow in a hard working tax paying person?

we DEFFO need an OZ style system, I'm sure at least one half decent politician has suggested this,,,,   :innocent

unlike when Mrs Blair run the country and made her husband let everyone in so she could make loadsa money keeping them here,

mmmmm

that test is wrong,

just started doing it,

Q16,

I actually hold a passport referring to that,

its a Manx passport, the Isle of Man,

and,

it is referred to as a British Isles Passport,

I'll look it out and get the exact wording if you really want me to, and I can be arsed,,,,,,,,

Fancy being shipped off to Sweden? :) we could do an exchange :slap

I've been to Sweden, took the car. We stayed in a "log cabin" its a nice looking place, but not many people, they have black ice lollies  :pray   they all gave funny looks every time I stopped a "zebra crossing" they all looked down at the number plate, look at us, and smile, seems to be they find it unusual for some one to actually stop at a crossing.

Nice place, but wouldn't want to go again.

was talking to customer yesterday, who had just returned form visiting an old friend in Germany. They couldn't quite believe how much space there is in Germany, and how returning to the UK it felt cramped with lots of people jammed into a small space - wonder why that is then, with a citys worth of people being added every year for the last decade or so.

I just failed my housemate's inofficial UK citizens test. She asked me to get some scones ready, and I stirred the clotted cream... :coat

I've been to Sweden, took the car. We stayed in a "log cabin" its a nice looking place, but not many people, they have black ice lollies  :pray   they all gave funny looks every time I stopped a "zebra crossing" they all looked down at the number plate, look at us, and smile, seems to be they find it unusual for some one to actually stop at a crossing.

Nice place, but wouldn't want to go again.
I think what they found unusual was the fact that the driver was sat on the wrong side of the car... :D

Miss Sweedy,  there could well be a few Forumites backing your application to remain also.

never heard of a Swedish terrorist ,  they're great people , driving around in their Saabs,   listening to ABBA CDs   whats not to like?
:*

But I drive a corsa, and I prefer Linkin Park to ABBA. But I've never planned to blow anything up :)

This whole terrorist thing is a load of rubbish, its a good excuse to keep us restricted and spy on us all.

The thing about 'terrorism' it can not be stopped.  If there was a terrorist conspiracy against the UK it would be very easy to send people in with financial backing,  poor people who have nothing are not looking to come here to wage war against us. They are normal people like us with a wife and children.

Israel are not terrorists as they have a massive army and backing from USA. Hamas are called terrorists as they are just poor people standing up for themselves, without American weapons.

Open doors, we should all just be able to go wherever we like, just move no problem.
Just move  .

Leigh on Sea sounds a nice , white , middle class, area , has it escaped the mass influx of imigrants then ?    Old sofa or mattress ...just chuck it into the street ...white man will clear up after us .

Any signs up in Leigh on Sea yet ...No Whites allowed in this area .....  how about young West Indians scowling at Mr & Mrs Whitey in shops......not welcome here Whitey  ?

My neighbours are West Indian origin , we get on well  because we took the trouble to welcome them to a ,then, white area ( Family fleeing Handsworth , too rough) ..........but if their friends or relatives appear the atmosphere becomes very different .  Pull onto your own front drive & they glare at you or turn their backs .......... well they can **** off for me .

Last edited by a moderator:
burn your passport,

claim to be a Jedi and that you are being persecuted in Sweden,

or,

marry a British citizen, :D

I've still got room under the patio,

the current Mrs Steptoe keeps saying we should make it bigger, ]:)
Cheers steps, always good to know I have a backup plan. And you know I've always fancied being Mrs Sweedy Steptoe :x :D

My first every school was in Leigh on sea!!! Certainly was a nice area!! My mum was a teacher in the same school, so if you were in Our lady of Lourdes Rc primary school aged 5 in 1968, my mum was your teacher!

john..

I got 66% which is a fail and I'm a British citizen with dual nationalities. It didn't help that they've changed the legal age you can buy cigarettes at since I last lived there.

It asked for the patron Saint of Wales about 300 times ...which helps .

That's easy, just tick the 4 countries that make up the UK.  (the confusion is tick all that apply, rather than just select 1 answer)
You're right , I missed that in the question  , in fact was every question  correct ?   IOM   & Channel Islands , England , Scotland, Wales & NI .

IoM and CI are British Isles, England Scotland and Wales are GB, add NI and you get UK. 

Confused yet???? 

You have no idea the confusion I have when getting mortgage passports licences etc, I have NOTHING apart from a birth certificate that bears my first name,!!!

Just "Wow!" never seen that before.

Curious to know if this is a fair reflection of the actual test as most of the questions are utterly pointless.

Why not have everyday questions so immigrants are learning things that are useful to know?

Where can you go for free internet access?

What number do you call for non-emergencies?

What does A&E stand for? etc

Instead of......

All dogs in public places must wear ____

[SIZE=13.7088003158569px] A collar with the name and address of the owner[/SIZE]

•  Wellington boots for big puddles
  •  Sunglasses on a sunny day to avoid eye damage
  •  A raincoat in wet weather
What discount on television licence is offered to blind people?

•  25%
  •  50%
  •  75%
  •  100%
In the 2009 Citizenship Survey, less than ______ of people identified themselves as Jewish

•  0.5%
  •  1%
  •  2%
  •  4%
Probably cost millions to put that together but at least it has some entertainment value 

IoM and CI are British Isles, England Scotland and Wales are GB, add NI and you get UK. 

Confused yet???? 

You have no idea the confusion I have when getting mortgage passports licences etc, I have NOTHING apart from a birth certificate that bears my first name,!!!
So Steppers  you join a select few who are immediately known by their first name ..............  Elvis...  Ringo..... Cilla.... Lulu .... Elton.... Brucie ....Stirling .... and Albert !!