Making my own rig

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the pictures:
21mdtz4.jpg
Very sensible using the RCD plug adapter Kiwi, even if you have to scrimp and save a bit on your clips & sheathing stuff at this stage, you have done the right thing investing in the RCD plug.

Doc H.

Here are the pictures:please excuse the mess at the moment and also the lack of equipment, i have a very basic tool set consisting of 1 vde screwdriver and cable strippers :)

I have been doing 1 way lighting at the moment, basic but its a start, next will be 2 way lighting then what else? I have got some switched sockets so will do a radial. Maybe a spur when i get the hang of stuff.

21mdtz4.jpg

Also, in the ceiling rose i have left the grey installation out of the rose but my tutor says that it needs to be in there a little bit, is this right?

maxe1s.jpg
Hi Kiwi

Have You got any G/Y sleeving to cover that shiny copper CPC?

How about Brown sleeve on the switch wire?

As has been said the sheath should come just into the base.

Just remember you shoud always have 2 layers between You and a Live conductor, i.e. for T&E cable THE LIVE CODUCTORS have a layer of insulation, Brown or Blue AND the sheath is the 2nd layer of protection.

When it enters an enclosure then you can remove the sheath as the Enclosure then provides the 2nd layer, (with the cover on)

It would be good to practice dressing your conductors, A professional job will look good and tidy, take a look at some pictures on here of completed Consumer Unit jobs and You will see how it should be done.

You have made a good start, practice will help you make progress. :)

Cheers,

Yeh i feel safer using an RCD adapter, cant be too safe!

Cheers for the advice sparky tim, Havent got any sleeving at the moment so i cant put brown sleeving on the switched live. I will have a look at some more pics in the picture area.

LOL yeah i am a Norwich City fan and it was dreadful last night at orient. We will still go up though.......with the millwall :D

Kiwi, send me your address by private message and I'll get some 3core, various clips earth and brown sleaving all in a little jiffy bag for you. It'll get you going. Give me a week to get it sent off.

Went to WF today and asked if they had any 3 core and they dont sell it by the metre, asked if anyone else sells it and they didnt know! Would have thought they would have some!

try www.freecycle.org alot of people get rid of electrical items on there just find your local group .. don't bin it freecycle it (",) and put a wanted add up.. hope this helps.. i got all my items for my test rig off freecycle i even got a second copy of OSG 17th from my local group ;)

Would just like to say thanks to the person who sent me bits and bobs for my rig, they are coming in very handy! Thanks!