Mem Memshield 2 Board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ1109

Reaction score
Hi I'm after a bit of advice please.

Did a ECIR yesterday.Board was MEM Memshield 2 3 phase.There was a circuit feeding sockets fed from a 16a mcb. This circuit has no rcd protection so I thought the easy option is just fit a RCBO.

Does anyone know if these are available or will any other type fit this board?

Cheers

You can still get the pods that fit on top of the MCB they are quite expensive now though around the £60.00 mark last time I brought one.

The main DB was this one which also fed 2 other boards elsewhere in the building.Both new boards have RCD's fitted.

The circuit in the main DB feeds 3 socket outlets without rcd protection.I don't know the exct reg but sure it says somewhere about sockets not under supervision should have rcd or words similar and thought with it being in a nursery and the only 3 sockets not to have protection it would be easier to do

Its a childrens day nursery. Fitting rcd socket fronts is another easy option.

Mod3 or something last time I bought one. Clips on the top with a little cover that swaps with the MCB's existing one, pretty neat, but now obsolete so the price flew up recently.

Latest posts