Memera 2000 63a Rcd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah I think it may be a faulty appliance causing the rcd to trip as it’s now working but tripping once maybe twice a day now was initially told it was a faulty rcd

Who told you it was faulty. Replacing parts in an attempt to solve an issue isn't the way to approach it.

Was told on another forum but I think it will have to be tested to source the problem.

It can’t hence why I am on here maybe someone else has experienced this issue it tripping at random times and could help. Someone had said they had that issue and changed the rcd and has been good since then.

It can’t hence why I am on here maybe someone else has experienced this issue it tripping at random times and could help. Someone had said they had that issue and changed the rcd and has been good since then.

Typical utter tosh spouted by incompetent persons IMHO..

It is a very very simple process...

1/ Test the RCD at source isolated from any external wiring to verify if the RCD is or is NOT operating within the specifications designated in BS7671.

2/ Test individual circuits to verify if Continuity, Polarity & Insulation resistance etc.. are all within BS7671 specifications..

3/ NEVER swap or replace ANY components on a random 'guess-work-process', unless you have proved them to be faulty..
random swapping can be a expensive exercise!!

4/ As a general rule appliance faults and/or cable faults are far more common than RCD faults.

Test & verify, BEFORE you start swapping!!!!!!!!

It might be worth checking the tails at the cut out havent become loose. I had this the other week. Did all the checks all ok. Then I had a look at incoming and the tails had been disturbed and become slightly loose. They had had this problem for years. It only happened occasionally and normally when high load. I think it had happened years ago when they changed the board!!

Was my discussion with my client at the time too but budget isn’t there.
I’d only went to change 3 spots in the bathroom which then resulted in a failed RCD, unfortunately 2nd hand RCD was only option. Fortunately RCD tested fine and added bonus of an A type.

Same with the Memshield 2 rcd pods which are type A and have been for years.

Latest posts