Nest or Hive

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I be right in saying the above is an S plan heating system. With the two seperate motorised valves. It has a 3 channel time clock for upstairs, down heating and water. I’m just looking to swap this out for a best 3rd generation and wondering if it is handy to change from the existing controls. Any help is welcome thanks.

1D19F8B8-A5C5-4B3B-B337-47E3C86B639F.jpeg

Current controller ⬆️

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the wiser rad control set-up, changed from the Honeywell. I Only installed it a few months ago and the concept is very good though a winter will see if it's beneficial
my heating is set to come on at 330pm at 19 degree. At 630pm it raises to 21 degree till 9pm then goes off. The bedrooms come on at 330pm at 18 degree and raise to 20 degree at 8pm This suits our lifestyle and time we go to bed mid week.
They are easy to set up. Only thing I'm not sure about is battery life. 8 rads with 2 aa battery in each unit.

Screen shot of the app layout below

View attachment 14170

Is there a limit on the number of thermostats and valves on this system, i.e. could I have individual thermostats in each room? Does the system integrate into the house WiFi or does it create and need a WiFi network of it's own (pain in the butt if you have to disconnect from one and connect to another to make adjustments).

I'm not sure of the limit you can go to. I recall 16 channels on the app and 1 is reserved for the main control box so I would guess 15.
Yes the WiFi is integrated into the house system it just need a 2.4 system setup and the app to control it..

Last edited:
Is there a limit on the number of thermostats and valves on this system, i.e. could I have individual thermostats in each room? Does the system integrate into the house WiFi or does it create and need a WiFi network of it's own (pain in the butt if you have to disconnect from one and connect to another to make adjustments).
The limit on Wiser is 16 heating zones + 1 hot water with upto 5 devices in each and a maximum of 63 devices
The Wiser system has it's own network and is controlled via it's own Wiser app which allows you to set individual room temps or assign stats to heating groups. You could have thermostats in every room although control of the individual room temps is better suited to Wiser TRV heads. In larger properties the Wiser network coverage can be extended using a Smart Plug which can also be used to control devices that are plugged into it

Last edited:
The limit on Wiser is 16 heating zones + 1 hot water with upto 5 devices in each and a maximum of 63 devices
The Wiser system has it's own network and is controlled via it's own Wiser app which allows you to set individual room temps or assign stats to heating groups. You could have thermostats in every room although control of the individual room temps is better suited to Wiser TRV heads. In larger properties the Wiser network coverage can be extended using a Smart Plug which can also be used to control devices that are plugged into it
Thanks for the info.

If you do the online Wiser training and become an approved installer you can register the Wiser kit for a 5 year warranty, alternatively find a friendly approved installer that will register it