networking a house?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrocuted

Reaction score
does anyone get asked to install a network when rewiring? as I was wondering ,or is it something you usually suggest to the client?.

only asking.

I've done it before to a out building, ducting for cat5 to a switch then off to 2 pc's and 2 phones. Don't really suggest it on re-wires unless I can tell the client is the right kind of person.

I have done a few but generally people use wireless in domestic these days but if I were rewireing my house I would install cat5 cables much better.

Always suggest CAT5/6 but then I do mostly AV and Networks, small extra cost ads to the value of the property in the long run, however I guess it would boil down to the type of neighbourhood the house stands in

Whatever options you can give the client the better. I would always give them the option at start of works otherwise you may find that you do a rewire for

Always suggest CAT5/6 but then I do mostly AV and Networks, small extra cost ads to the value of the property in the long run, however I guess it would boil down to the type of neighbourhood the house stands in
Not necessarily so!! I learnt a long time ago, never to judge a book by it's cover. It's served me well for a good many years now.... ;)