Networking XP laptop and W7 PC??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PC Electrics

Reaction score
One for you computer whizz kids.

When I had an XP PC and laptop I had them networked so I could share files off my PC hard drive with my laptop and also print direct from my laptop as long as the PC was on.

Now I have an XP Pro laptop (different one though) and a Win7 Pro PC. The printer is usb from the PC.

How do I network them together to be able to share files and print from my laptop?

My network is wireless.

Or if its mostly for the printing and if your printer is getting on a bit....

You could pick up a new wireless printer....

there are quite a few decent ones for

well, I could give you a solution, but at the price of petrol these days you may not like it. ;)

or get a wi-fi printer as already said, I have an HP all-in-one that cost about 30

wireless anything and me :coat :slap

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 08:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 08:13 ----------

wired network all the way for me!

Same way you had the old computers networked!There is no real difference mate.
Mostly, shares can be a bit temperamental with W7 compared to XP as you now have admin privileges in W7, can sometimes block access but not a major issue once you understand the differences

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:49 ----------

Good Luck :slap
Hey Canoeboi are you one of the lucky 600k Apple owners who were told that there are no Viri/Trojan/Malware on Mac's only to find out they had been misled ; \ and indeed there are ROTFWL