New boiler install - questionable electrics

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samchelsie

Reaction score
Hi, i have had a new boiler installed and they have left the property without completing full scope of works.
included in the scope was installation of cabling and a fused spur (not just an empty box on the wall
). Other things to but electrics is more concerning.
Am i right to be concerned?

they have plugged the boiler into an extension lead on top of a toilet. (I will try and add a picture)
13amp plug top
Extension lead is from consimer unit on 32amp rcd

the extension lead is only temporary
to allow the builders a rcd protected power lead as a renovation is going on (32amp rcd)

Any advice if this is ok or not please?

Main question which comes to my mind is "how are you going to fit the flush tank for the toilet?"

If the flex which goes off the bottom of the picture is wired straight into a 32amp rcd then no, that's not safe, but if it really is an extension lead, i.e. plugged in, then it's fine as the fuse in the plug will protect it.

So called temporary installations but still comply with current Regulations. There is every chance, many do that the back of that trailing socket states it should be connected by way of a 13A plug.