Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodach

Reaction score
Hello
Joined because you have some good contributors on solar, which I have just had Installed.
4.7 kW array, Growatt 6.5 Battery and SPH 3600. Trying to get to grips with the Growatt Shine app which is clunky to say the least.
I have basic electrical knowledge, theory and practice but don't take chances, having been an HSE Manager for 30 years. Retired now so plenty time to faff about.

I welcome, Bod!
A retired H&S manager, so I have always wanted to know do H&S officers actually follow their own advice when working at home?
Never over reached on steps to get to the light etc?

Always extend the ladder a metre into the loft hatch?

Use crawl boards in loft space?

Just out of interest………

It's a bit like asking a minister/priest if he swears 🙄
I did fall off a step ladder once and broke my wrist trying to get the wife off my back, not that I was carrying her🤣.
Otherwise, I take risks like everyone else. As far as electrical work goes rule No, 1 is work dead unless you can justify working live to your wife & kids, and the cost of the funeral etc. Just like any other crazy favours/shortcuts you might think a client or employer will appreciate.

I'm always reminded of the commericial EICR where the clients staff assisted with things like ensuring all equipment was plugged back in afterwards, any moved furniture pushed back, etc on the weekend we had a shutdown.

We'd just finished in the canteen area, and the H&S chap was keen to get round the kitchen and ensure fridges got powered back up, about 15 minutes later, security did their patrols and smelt burning near the kitchen, investigated. and had to remove a scorched tea towel from the top of a panini grill that the H&S guy had gone and plugged in