NEW SBS WEBSITE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, was my first reaction too.

I take it you are doing this yourself with the 1&1 website builder? Let me know if you need any help (as in, I can get you a proper site). I can also add in some B2B ordering system, makes it easier than printing out order forms and the like. I have a few mini sites for specific customers for ordering a select range of parts for particular sites, sort of a similar model to what you have.

Yes Dave , that RED  is startling ,  can you calm it down a bit .  ?

A question Dave .....my Loop impedance tester is OK with DP  RCDs   but trips single pole RCBOs . 

I don't wish to spend money on a new tester now so I manage reading the Zs via an MCB   or I fit Dual RCD boards ....do loop testers trip your compacts ?  

You could say the loud colour has certainly attracted attention, which was the object of the exercise. However, I am open to suggestions.

It didn't go down too well with my wife's family in Stockport, who are all Man City fans, but I did use to be a Sheffield United fan donkey's years ago, when I lived there.

Hi Lurch,

Thanks for your interest and you are correct; it is a 1&1 website builder, put I haven't the foggiest idea how it works, It is being built by my son, who is an IT Consultant, living in your neck of the woods. If you want to send me your contact details at  [email protected] , I shall get my son, Mark, (46 years old) to liaise with you. The one thing that works very well in my Company is the paperwork system, bearing in mind, we don't have (and don't want) an on-line shop. Mark has joined SBS and is becoming more involved with the on-line aspects of my Company and hopefully he will also be able to cover for me, with the processing of orders, for times when I am not available. The reason for the detailed Order Form is to allow the customer to be specific about what he needs, since Mark doesn't have my technical background.       I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Evans,

I can't answer you definitively, but I have never had reports regarding testing problems; quite the reverse, as the genuine 2-pole isolation of each circuit certainly helps the testing process. My RCBO is a combination of an MCB and a 2-pole RCD, without neutral or earth flying leads, the 2 things your tester is OK with,  so logically, there shouldn't be any earth-related anomalies, leading to unwanted tripping when loop testing. There are plenty of Forum Members who use my Compacts, so you may get some answers from them.

The good news is that since launching my new website, being moderately active with Forums and obtaining EN61439-3 Certification for my Compacts in the LiVE range of AMD3 boxes, I will have done close to 5 months business in the 2 months of June and July. Not only are the Compacts a good idea and a quality product, their application is now fully compliant with BS7671:2008 AMD3.

SBS Dave

to put it nicely red looks lettuced dave, makes the site look Mickey Mouse. Have a look at other websites and find a style you like the look of and copy it. PS if your son is uisng wordpress, make sure the security is tight, it's the most hacked platform for websites.

The red was my idea, but it turns out my son didn't like it either. In fact, nobody did. You will be pleased to learn that we will ditch the red and come up with a proper site, as Lurch suggested. If anybody has useful input for me, I would be happy to consider it. It won't happen overnight, so you might have to wear sunglasses when you next visit the website.

Your opinions about my website are always welcome, but your opinions about my Compact RCBOs are even more welcome. Comments with or without photos help to make my product more known to other Forum Members, as the market is more and more heading in the direction of all-RCBO boards.

SBS Dave