New TV - Plasma LED or LCD

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Samsung LED. Very happy with it. Spent a long time in the TV shop and I liked the picture most. A little on the quiet side but you can turn it up.

I've had my Panasonic 42 Plasma almost 4 years now. Came with a 5 yr warranty. it's a 720P. I'm chuffed to bits with it. The picture is way better than a friends new Sony LCD with Freeview HD !!! Sound is okay too, but for anything other than plain speech i use my surround system.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I'm a big Panasonic fan (used to sell Pana NV333 VHS machines when I was 17 and a Saturday lad in a TV HiFi store - even then Panas were the make with about the lowest warranty return rates).

Iyea yea,

why dont we believe you then?!?!?!?!?!?

:slap

you as short as volti then? :slap
Steps just decoded your QR, is that your opinion or the missus

Wozz I went to the store in Preston and came back with this

Similar to yours but I wanted 1080HD - it does 3D but doubt I'll use it - got the 5 year guarantee and a stand for it. Great store and service. I dont know if it was sales patter but I talked about panasonics and samsungs being the best and they said that 6 people working in the store all had LG Plasmas.

Glad you got a 50! Im well impressed with mine especially the size of the frame and depth of the TV, all much more pleasing to the eye than my old samsung. I may get the 5 year guarantee in about a years time, after all these good are meant to be good for six years at least!

Im my experience they will always push LG more than others, maybe its because they are good tvs, maybe they earn more out of them, i think its the latter more than anything.

Ive tried the 2d to 3d, its ok, not amazing but I didnt expect it to be. Cant wait to get some proper 3D on it, upgrading to tivo this week so wont be long.

Just got TV up and running. Missus wanted the TV unit it was standing on a gloss black thing with drop down glass door. I was assured the remote would work through the door but only close up. I reckon I might need a remote receiver thingy on top. Pic is great but did have to wind up the brightness and contrast to 100%