NICEIC. Problem!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voltimax

©CAHAGIYTYHE™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am most unhappy today as I've spent around about an hour on the phone to the NICEIC.

Basically when I looked into transferring from Napit, their sales guy told me I would get the domestic periodic bolt on scheme thrown in for free for my first year. After which if I wanted to continue I'd have to pay extra. Fair enough says I, thank you very much. Well when I get my welcome pack, there's some gumpf on the domestic periodic scheme and details on how I join. So I phone them and I query this, they then proceed to tell me I am not within this scope and I'd have to pay extra. When I tell them that I was told by an NICEIC representative that I was covered by this, they said no way. I was not happy and I conveyed this to the nice lady without getting upset and angry. She then goes off to 'speak' to a colleague. Then the nice lady comes back and asks me if I have done 'their' course. I politely tell her that I have got C&G 2391, but she says I need 'their' course. I then ask if this will grant me the scope I'd been promised, but alas, she says no, I'll still have to pay. After much running around in circles, I await a call from another nice lady tomorrow, because I've said I wish to transfer back and that their sales team are guilty of mis selling. So tomorrow should prove an interesting day headbang

I once thought of doing that. NICEIC tell me something different every time. I'm surprised you got to speak to a nice lady they were always unhelpful when i spoke to them. ELECSA is for me and will be for a long time i could not ask for a more friendly service and loyalty.

Good Luck anyway

Voltimax..........MONKEY..........I remember that......it was carp but good at the same time:^O

When I go to Elex, my regular assesor and a couple of others always recognise me. Easy to get along with and super friendly bunch. Always have good chin wags with them. They've even taken up a couple of my suggestions.

I came to self employment from a 30,000 strong company that really was like being in a huge family sometimes, so this feeling of "belonging" is important to me. None of the others could tempt me away unless there was a massive disparity in the joining fee.

Voltimax, here is the number for ELECSA .0845 634 9043
Bless you Deke, Cheers

Voltimax..........MONKEY..........I remember that......it was carp but good at the same time:^O
You blasphemer! Monkey was the greatest! Great Sage, equal of Heaven ROTFWL

When I go to Elex, my regular assesor and a couple of others always recognise me. Easy to get along with and super friendly bunch. Always have good chin wags with them. They've even taken up a couple of my suggestions.
This is true of Napit for me I ashamed to say. All the main guys know me. So you go to Elex eh? Are you going to Coventry this year? The first year I went, I went to have a chat with the ELECSA boys and I ended up talking to a guy called Tony Grabbazz or something like that. Turns out he's the Elecsa area assessor on my patch, he seemed like a nice guy.

Tony Grabarz assessed me last year in Southend on Sea Essex. He is a very nice guy. Got someone different this year no doubt he will be just as nice.

Tony Grabarz assessed me last year in Southend on Sea Essex. He is a very nice guy. Got someone different this year no doubt he will be just as nice.
I remember wiping the floor with a few last year at the Ricoh - it was :

Garry Gundry (ESC), Tony Grabarze (ELECSA), Ian Marsh(?) (ELECSA) then I got bored - it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

They will KEEP sending boys to do a man's job........ ]:)

ian marsh is the bloke behind the advice on one of the watchdog programmes that have been discussed on here.

Whilst we are having a ***** about the NICEIC does anyone here pay extra for their Trustmark scheme ?

We have full enrollment including the domestic scheme. Each domestic job registered includes Trustmarks fee but we are not listed as having this. When i enquired i was sent a info pack. A hefty fee is paid so you can advertise & be listed as Trustmark but its only for domestic which you have to pay anyhow when registering a job ??? What am i missing

Ive had Tony twice

this year he was across the road from me assessing my neighbour and saw me come out of my house.

he made a point of coming over to have a chat to see how things were going and wondered why had not renewed.

further chat and i renewed.

nice guy.....

and he told me the assessors surf the forums !!!!!!!

just to get a feel for whats going on and the questions raised..

i wasnt doing that many notifiable jobs

i was busy with maint. jobs and only notified 5 jobs

he told me my neighbour had only done 2 and they were for the assessment

told me i should as its

but still dearer than others scams ?

i wondered if he'd offered you a discount but i guess not :innocent