NICEIC software on tablets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkysam

Reaction score
Hi everyone, the start of may our company have got a new contract of voids and electrical installations condition reports on all their property's so will be loads of paper work left for the boss, we normally write ours out on a draft and hand it to the boss, he looks over it and re enters it into the niceic software, wasting alot of time, so he asked me to look into iPads or tablets and to put niceic soft ware on them and every operative has one on person and fills it out on site, then somehow it reaches the boss, he looks over it and signs it off, is this possible? The boss wants to keep NIceic software and would prefer apple iPads,

Just had our annual NICEIC inspection and our assessor was using an i pad with nic certs on it. As Special above suggests ask NICEIC. I did ask and was told, but i forget.

I have spoken to clik who make the NICEIC software and have been told the IPAD app is out in may

this really is rubbish. software has too many errors and glitches. think the nic must know this as they've stopped promoting clik in favour of their own server based form filler. hope i haven't wasted my money purchasing the ipad/software/eforms and that the issues can be fixed. we shall wait and see...

I agree there are still bugs in the iPad version of the software, I've found that not adding to many details that can be added back at the office saves time.

I reported around 5 problems last month which they said would be corrected in the next update.

To be fair this is a free app, so until they start charging for it you can only take it as it comes.

I've used the Clik software since it was launched after ditching Amtech which was just way to expensive at around £350 per year, so Clik at £80 is a much better deal.

I am interested in the NICEIC download software when it comes online, and I would hope be cheaper than Clik and Amtech.