No RCD in Fuseboard???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatrixtiff

Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently been asked to do a bit of work in a house in London. Only thing I have noticed is it has no RCD in it... :yellow card

The house was wired around only 8 years ago but was this legally the way it was done then? The electrician was apparently very good so just suprised there is no RCD.

And does this mean I will have to install one?

Kind Regards,

Robert

Fuse board 1.jpg

I hate them upside down consumer units! Makes the lables difficult to read! ROFL!
Enough of that!!

I've just drastically spent the last minute trying to change it, trust you to get there before me ; -)

Hi all, I've recently been asked to do a bit of work in a house in London. Only thing I have noticed is it has no RCD in it... :yellow card The house was wired around only 8 years ago but was this legally the way it was done then? The electrician was apparently very good so just suprised there is no RCD.

And does this mean I will have to install one?

Kind Regards,

Robert

View attachment 1582
pre 17th, you could wire a house without RCD's providing it was TN & no sockets feeding outdoors etc

I would have thought at least one socket could be used to supply outdoor power...

BUT..

could be RCD socket!

Are there any RCD sockets installed?

cant see any shower circuits listed either..

so possibly ok?

Any EIC for previous work????

Nicky,

UNLESS manuf' instructions required this...

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:45 ----------

No shower labelled in the board either though.