Non Harmonised colours

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
Hi all.  Where as I realise it is against the regs to use non harmonised colours, I was working in a domestic setting yesterday on a lighting circuit and came across 1.5mm twin and earth but the cable colours were “Blue and Black” does anyone know what country uses this colour coded cable?

Hi all.  Where as I realise it is against the regs to use non harmonised colours, I was working in a domestic setting yesterday on a lighting circuit and came across 1.5mm twin and earth but the cable colours were “Blue and Black” does anyone know what country uses this colour coded cable?
Photo?

Black is a phase colour, so over sleeved with brown, what is wrong with it?
Mike P said:
Black is a phase colour, so over sleeved with brown, what is wrong with it?
There is nothing wrong electrically.  Just unusual to find Black and blue in twin and earth.  Three core and earth, yes Plus brown.  Just wondered what country used that combination.

There was a period in telecoms where blue and black were used on negative DC systems but I've only seen a few installations with it in those colours.

Latest posts