Not Again!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think not accepting drinks or food has come about from them not knowing what has been put in them.

If you were in that mind set you could've incapacitated most people at the station with your lollies. Daft I know but there are some sick people out there.
Apparently not, it's something to with,being offered gifts,there was a coffee shop that was offering free drinks to the coppers and they were told not to go there, I can see your point about poisoning someone, but at the end of the day it's not likely from a shop that's serving loads of people is it? It's just that the powers that be seem to want to isolate the cop on the beat, put it another way if I'm in a shop and a cop is buying a sandwich and a drink and I offer to pay for it, where's the risk of being poisoned?

It's just a blanket ban. I agree in the scenario you mention a coffee shop there is little to no risk. However common sense no longer exists either. 

We're no longer allowed to accept gifts from clients or wholesalers anymore either, or give them for that matter. It's considered bribery. 

yes

I was reminded of this story. A woman in her 20s drove up to an army checkpoint and handed a soldier a booby trap box of quality street.
I remember that it was at the border-crossing that I used a lot back in the day.  

and they are still falling for this type of trick in Afghanistan today

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say i would believe that former MET officer over the prime minister every time.. As he said, the most valuable thing is lots more police = lots more eyes and ears...

john...
Youth workers were also part of the solution, when the kids were in the local youth clubs it gave workers a chance to influence thier beliefs away from radicalism / crime / antisocial behaviour in general. But they've all gone along with the staff. So the kids will wandering the streets again, getting into trouble and there's ****** all Police to deal with the crime wave that will follow.

just seen the CCTV footage of the police taking out the three men, 6 seconds after the police arrived they were dead. 

Fair play to the coppers but doesn't one rush in and collide with one of the attackers then manage to extricate himself and shoot the guy? The other attacker rushes the second copper who backs up, stumbles but again takes the shot. All seems to happen so quick. Is the CCTV quality really that rubbish?

Latest posts