Oh Dear, This Isn't Looking Good.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the insurance issue has got me thinking.  I have to admit I don't have any specific insurance.  Tools and stuff, well I never leave them on site so don't expect them to get stolen.

But materials?  well I certainly won't be leaving £400 of uninstalled kit at a customers premises again.  As to would it be covered at home? well "home" is insured as a business, but a B&B business, There is coverage for "stock" but somehow I doubt electrical stock is what that's intended for.

I bet Barx could knock up a quick App or spreadsheet conversion......

How many full English breakfasts = 100m drum of cable..

+

How many breakfast coffee + choice of fruit juice = Fixings, clips, j/boxes etc..

+

How many bone china breakfast place settings = £100.00 with of accessories / other kit...

So its just a matter of claiming the right quantities of stolen breakfast gear to balance the stock left on site value...

Simples!!!

:Salute

:coffee

Last edited by a moderator:
re insurance....   I just got my PL PI & some tools cover,  

but I am 99% sure there is nothing about stock waiting to be installed....

(will have to dig out the policy and read it agian)...

But TBH I try and keep my stock levels down to the minumim...

prefer to buy stock and convert it to profit in as short a timescale as possible!..

Probably 85% -> 95% of my work is pre planed...  

New install, or additions & alterations..

Also quite a few suppliers outlets within a 10mile radius,

so any emergency can probably still go and collect materials and get to the job within 3 or 4 hours tops...

So let the wholesalers pay insurance premiums for looking after stock is my general opinion!!!

Guinness

I bet Barx could knock up a quick App or spreadsheet conversion......

How many full English breakfasts = 100m drum of cable..

+

How many breakfast coffee + choice of fruit juice = Fixings, clips, j/boxes etc..

+

How many bone china breakfast place settings = £100.00 with of accessories / other kit...

So its just a matter of claiming the right quantities of stolen breakfast gear to balance the stock left on site value...

Simples!!!

:Salute

:coffee
Yes, but we are a quiet B&B and £400 is probably more than a whole years worth of breakfast "stock"

if you get any more issues with your infestation of said pikeys (not t be confused with Romany Gypsies) just tell them that once u finished u want your drive tarmaccing as u clearly understand that theyve got large extravagent weddings to pay for!!!!

you will find that most of them wont interrupt your working schedule  on the basis of 'Youleave me ill leave you'

where me n streety live there is a pikey camp 2 mins away, dont tend to get much hassle from them apart from hearing the pitched irish accent once in a blue moon of them with a mic plugged into a speaker  'any1 any scrap metal'  on a brand new ford flatbed!

Latest posts