old guy newbie here.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't understand what's happened over there. 
started off with * threatening members who were maybe non-pc with newbies, due to newbies coming on for free advice and not taking it, thus getting some members agitated. then he went bersek and gave me a warning for replying to a post from spoon. * had used the word "cocky" to describe some members responses. spoon said " who can say what's cocky"? i replied to spoon "fanny" . for that i got a ban warning and stripped of respected member. you work it out. is * on the wrong time of the month?

Last edited by a moderator:
started off with * threatening members who were maybe non-pc with newbies, due to newbies coming on for free advice and not taking it, thus getting some members agitated. then he went bersek and gave me a warning for replying to a post from spoon. * had used the word "cocky" to describe some members responses. spoon said " who can say what's cocky"? i replied to spoon "fanny" . for that i got a ban warning and stripped of respected member. you work it out. is * on the wrong time of the month?

I have absolutely no idea why I got a ban ..... none what so ever.

One minute I asked Dan if he had had time to look at the log in issues I was having, then Dan, myself and another we’re discussing an issue my son has not being able to print from his gaming pc  (since he had installed a vpn) and the next day I had a ban

no warning, no explanation ..... just very bizarre. 

It's happened before. Remember the cull of regular long standing members a while ago. 

I dont know the politics behind it, an I don't so much care. 

He must see it as a way of protecting his investment, after all, more page clicks means more money. Hence I imagine the .net change and opening it up world wide 

Obviously we cannot get on with everybody but keyboard fisticuffs  are not welcome on here  .   Swearing is filtered out.  

Although most of us don't agree with the 5 Week Wonder system of producing a fully trained  spark in five weeks  but if they're asking sensible questions most of us will offer advice  . 

I don't think a newbie poster should need to open up with  .." First time posting  , please be gentle  "  etc   . I'm a great believer in ..if you don't know something , ask . 

I think less experienced sparks should feel safe in asking for advice .....no different to asking an older spark when learning the trade . 

No one should be belittled on here .     ( Except for the occasional  , outright ,up their own rectum , big headed , refuses to listen , know it all, total tosspots  who have passed through on occasion ) 

Hi Tel.  I did question this but * just said he was not allowed to discuss other members....

Hi Tel.  I did question this but * just said he was not allowed to discuss other members....
welcome to the light side. no empire here. 

Obviously we cannot get on with everybody but keyboard fisticuffs  are not welcome on here  .   Swearing is filtered out.  

Although most of us don't agree with the 5 Week Wonder system of producing a fully trained  spark in five weeks  but if they're asking sensible questions most of us will offer advice  . 

I don't think a newbie poster should need to open up with  .." First time posting  , please be gentle  "  etc   . I'm a great believer in ..if you don't know something , ask . 

I think less experienced sparks should feel safe in asking for advice .....no different to asking an older spark when learning the trade . 

No one should be belittled on here .     ( Except for the occasional  , outright ,up their own rectum , big headed , refuses to listen , know it all, total tosspots  who have passed through on occasion ) 
my thoughts entirely. pity the owner of a certain other forum can't see this.

Scoob - scooby snack, as in reward for good behaviour from a certain old cartoon. 

Not been on the darkside, 1 forum is enough for me! We like to keep things civil on here, the forum was started as a spin off from the old screwfix forum, which was quite viscious at times, although I found it a great way of learning the regs many years ago. So as a general rule we like to keep things positive, ie you positievly do not know what your talking about, rather than calling people a useless Fennel, even if they deserve it!! We have occassional firk ups in that, and yes I have been guilty at times  :innocent .

Either way  :Welcome:  and I hope you enjoy your time on here

PS rude words get turned into vegtables courgette, arse Fennel twat ********

OOPs arse and twat don't get filtered  :slap

Just a saying nothing to worry about, didn't realise people can get so touchy over a saying
There's a thread up about you elsewhere.

It's as if you died. They're saying what a great life you led and you were in poor health recently.

🤔