On the subject of EV's ...........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point Doc, I’d missed that one. 
do these cars have like a dynamo within that charges as it drives? 
I noticed the recent advert for the Lexus says it charges as it goes now. Surly this would have been a first thought :C  
cant get more energy out than you put in... to connect a dynamo and get energy from it will require more battery power to drive the car forwards to start with...

regenerative braking. THe wheels are driven by electric motors, and as we all know a motor can also be used to generate, so when driving downhill or slowing down, they can be used to boost the battery, same as F1 cars.

Regeneration, a technology from the glorious days of trams. A tram going down hill feeds in to the system, a tram going up hill draws that power off the system.

I altered two DC traction drives, I got shouted at because I’d reduced the deceleration rate and the feed back rate. The amount of power returned to the system was the same but slower. It saved a fortune in mechanical repairs to the drive train.