Options for running outdoor cable to garden office

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@boltonsparky & @SPECIAL LOCATION - thank you both, very useful to get your opinion. How likely do you think it is that a spark would be happy with that approach (i.e. some sort of low height board staked to the ground)?

@Onoff & @Bruspark am on it already - will be running 2x OM3 MM fibre - no way I'm relying on WiFi out there. That's not the question though, the question is what clever, safe and agreeable solutions are there to getting mains down to the end of the garden without digging my lawn up?

Show of hands for those who'd be happy to install along some boards that had been set up as described? If not why not and what would you want done to make it acceptable?

TIA,

Ben.

@boltonsparky & @SPECIAL LOCATION - thank you both, very useful to get your opinion. How likely do you think it is that a spark would be happy with that approach (i.e. some sort of low height board staked to the ground)?

@Onoff & @Bruspark am on it already - will be running 2x OM3 MM fibre - no way I'm relying on WiFi out there. That's not the question though, the question is what clever, safe and agreeable solutions are there to getting mains down to the end of the garden without digging my lawn up?

Show of hands for those who'd be happy to install along some boards that had been set up as described? If not why not and what would you want done to make it acceptable?

TIA,

Ben.

You keep asking the same question..

so I will repeat the earlier reply from two weeks ago..

The quickest answer is to ring three local electricians to get to quote for what you propose...

You can spend days  asking strangers on the internet, who have never seen your actual arrangements to guess on what may or may not be said by another third party..

You're probably better coming back and telling us what three suggestions you have been offered by real electricians quoting for your work...

for an opinion as to how safe and or reasonably priced they are..

rather than trying to second guess someone else's opinions on a job. 

Have you contacted anybody yet??

:C

Latest posts