P.a.t Tester

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Sparks

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is realy "part 2" of my original post about what pat testing coarse to go on.

Because i only plan to do pat testing on the side, ive decided to just do the 1 day "introduction to pat testing" course at my local college.

With the above in mind, i was thinking of a second hand machine.

But im still unsure as to what i would need from a tester, also if anyone could reccomend a Beginers one that they use them selves?

Cheers.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,This is realy "part 2" of my original post about what pat testing coarse course to go on.

Because i only plan to do pat testing on the side, ive decided to just do the 1 day "introduction to pat testing" course at my local college.

With the above in mind, i was thinking of a second hand machine.

But im still unsure as to what i would need from a tester, also if anyone could reccomend a Beginers one that they use them selves?

Cheers.

Lee
Sorry Lee, your edit was for a spelling mistake and the one above, my crossing out and my red is a classic!

Please don't take offence, it's just me being ]:) it's a Saturday night, and,... Guinness ;) O) :worship :D :x

Megger Mark may be your man, unsure if he ever has 2nd hand kit?

My thought - if you buy new then you have warrenty, and can be sure you will have a device fit for purpose for a number of years. Spend half your budget on a 2nd hand ebay special and it might break the next day.

Within reason reliability, speed and ease of use count more than cost. It's all well and good saving a hundred pounds now, but it may cost you much more than that in the long run.

if you only do it now and again,

DONT go for bells and whistles,

we have a download-able one at work, and never use that function, we only do in house PAT, and the very odd outside customer with perhaps 2 dozen devices,

paper is easier for this.

get a new basic tester, then you know what you have,

as the saying goes,

buy cheap and you could be buying someone elses problem.

I bought a cheap megger off ebay and i had it for three years and had no probs. Cost me 80 quid