Pat testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian

Reaction score
I pat tested a dishwasher today and I got 1.9ma leakage current what is an acceptable amount? because it failed the test so out of curiosity I tested a brand new washing machine and I got 1.5ma leakage. That made me think the electronics must be leaking current like pc's do.

you are correct that is why I have never come across this situation before

the customer wants every thing tested for letting .asked me to test shower, cooker ,night stores, immersion, even the fan in the bathroom I explained that they dint require testing and only portable appliances and not fixed but he insisted, and who was I to say no.

my letting agency got the hump with me this week.......

they asked me to pat test a property and carry out my basic basic safety check

lights kept blowing fuses,,,,,,malicious change of wiring in a pull switch in the bathroom

a few other bits and bobs and then got a call saying the immersion time switch had burnt out and that they new i hadnt tested it as there wasnt a sticker on it!!!!!!!!

and i said you didnt tell me the property was a canabis factory previously otherwise i would have recommended a PIR !!!!!!

Change the time switch programmer and now waiting for the plumber to change the immersion element

Adrian I would class that as more of a PIR to be honest - No disprespect to you intended. Firm guidelines are needed in respect to public awareness of this I think.AndyGuinness
I did pir the installation but he required me to list all the electrical equipment to say that it had been tested. I think the customer is dotting the I's and crossing the T's for the letting agents

Most appliances that have heating coils inside them often fail at start up. I generally will plug them in and run them for at least five minutes and then test them.