pir problems today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Hello all

Had a bad day on a pir today on a shop at a docklands train station shop first the agent thought it would only take half an hour so wasn't best pleased when I told him otherwise then the people lookin at rentin the shop stood behind me the entire time found a few small problems but nothin too serious until I go and test the rcd and all the power goes off but the rcd doesn't trip because an rcd somewhere else has agent can't get access to anywhere else for me to find the other rcd and just looks at me blankly when I talk about diversity and appears none too happy that they are now going to have to get someone to find where this other rcd is just hopin there are no come backs now but as there was no previous certs no labelling or inspection stickers etc what more could I have done ?

Thanks zeespark I'm not worried about the time thing get that sort of thing all the time its the rcd trippin I'm bothered about

Thanks zeespark I'm not worried about the time thing get that sort of thing all the time its the rcd trippin I'm bothered about
They ought to be grateful you identified some bad design on the installation. What would happen if they had moved in to the premises and had a faulty appliance trip the distant RCD that they couldn't find?

Doc H.

Latest posts