PIR Report EICR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butler26

Reaction score
Hi there I'm soon going to do a Consumer unit change for an elesa assessment , and I no I will have to do a PIR , shall I do this before the CU change to make sure that every thing complies with the regs or do I do this after the CU change

Thanks

Before the cu change as it'll tell you if the rcds gonna hold lol. And all circuits are safe/good to reconnect to new cu. Hth

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated, just that I have a book practical Guide to inspection, testing and certification by Christopher kitcher and he say u must do a PIR

Where do these stories come from. Even if you do a pir you will still need to issue an eic for changed protective devices unless they are already 60898 breakers.

The CU change is in my house so I'll do minimum test just make sure there are no problems but once I do the CU change is full PIR a must

Thanks

Butler , if its your own house why not change the board, then issue an EIC to yourself. Don't bother with the PIR . Anything flags up put it right .

Even if there,s a borrowed neutral , you can show him that you are aware of it .

For assessment he will probably get you to replicate some of the tests showing on the cert.