Please ignore this post

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look guys , the whole point of me starting this thread is that you ignore it .  I was pratting about at something at the start , no idea what now .........and people are STILL ignoring it .

Whole generations of new Forumites have joined us in the meantime but still it goes on . :C

Admin1 has retired , The Four Horsemen have taken over , many names no longer visit, like the much respected Green Hornet ,  Part P was inflicted upon us , Jimmy Saville no longer runs the hospitals ,   we can't tighten terminals up without a £ 90 driver anymore and Stepps still owes me that fiver,.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Batty ............ but they may be ignoring it in their spare time !!

Also people who don't know of it's existence cannot be classed as "actively ignoring" it as they don't know its there in the first place but those who are aware of it are not actually ignoring it because they know of it's existence and so, by ignoring it , are in reality, NOT ignoring it because they know they are ignoring it, in the same way that you can't ask someone NOT to think of an elephant , they don't empty their mind , they think of an elephant.   Meanwhile the elephant is oblivious to all this , smiles with an inane grin  and goes about his business.

So thanks for ignoring , if you were and.....

Thanks for all the fish .

Yes you can't ignore a Whitworth thread or a BSF  .........you have to love a BA  especially the 2BA in brass  but I give thanks for advent of the metric system of threads , much simpler ........but no personality or romance about it .

It obviously objects to being in Europe and is making a stand .  If its an old British lathe you have to replace all the BSW bolts that hold it together , with ,metric , rewire it in Bro / Bk / Gry  and all will be well . 

Hey I'm not just a computer expert !!

Number 1 lathe is an Old Denford Viceroy....no screw cutting.  bit of a drawback BUT it was free and came with a Tea chest full of tooling and chucks

Number 2 is a little Hobbymat.....screwcutting BUT only really up to model making

ACME thread is another good one...used a lot on Roadrunner

i never cease to be amazed by people 'in the trade'  who think that threads only differ in diameter and nothing else!

I like threads....

just turning.......