Pricing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been asked to price, labour only, to fit 28 60watt bulk head fittings in animal pens and 8 60 watt bulk head fittings externally.

Its all to be run in 20mm plastic with singles and on 2 switches.

The pens are a bit cramped and there will animals in them while I am working.

Should i allow a certain amount of time for each fitting as they will all be identical, if so is there a standard rate per fitting.

In the alarm trade you are given, say, half hour for a PIR, an hour for a roll of 8 core etc.

thanks

Hi,I've been asked to price, labour only, to fit 28 60watt bulk head fittings in animal pens and 8 60 watt bulk head fittings externally.

Its all to be run in 20mm plastic with singles and on 2 switches.

The pens are a bit cramped and there will animals in them while I am working.

Should i allow a certain amount of time for each fitting as they will all be identical, if so is there a standard rate per fitting.

In the alarm trade you are given, say, half hour for a PIR, an hour for a roll of 8 core etc.

thanks
You've got to be joking :^O :^O:^O

You've got to be joking :^O :^O:^O
Nope, Its true..............the thing is they could empty each pen but that will just take ages.

I've been told that the animals will only give me a sniff or two

Nope, Its true..............the thing is they could empty each pen but that will just take ages.I've been told that the animals will only give me a sniff or two
Not if they are bleedin' lions they won't . Who do they think you are, David Bleedin' Attenborough ?? :eek:

Not if they are bleedin' lions they won't . Who do they think you are, David Bleedin' Attenborough ?? :eek:
lol, I think I'll be ok.............they are only pigs.and they are fed well

Try it with Bulkhead fittings @ 1/2 hour ea .

PVC conduit @ 10 mins /mtr .

Need to add time on for working in a cage with animals. You need advice from Apache the Resident Vet and sometime Sparks.

Try it with Bulkhead fittings @ 1/2 hour ea .PVC conduit @ 10 mins /mtr .

Need to add time on for working in a cage with animals. You need advice from Apache the Resident Vet and sometime Sparks.
Thanks.......I can definately work something out now.

That's going to be one horrible job...

I did a stables,, and luckily there were no horses in them when I was working in them..

but there was an abundance of bodily fluids and matter

things to think about..

wellies and waterproofs - you will need them

you will have nowhere to put your tools down!

do not put anything in your mouth, not screws, plugs, or any tool

you will have to ensure that you don't drop anything!!! - vets bills don't come cheap

make sure that all conduit is sealed --- mice!!

If the pens are enclosed there will be alot of condensation at night

don't know if there are any nasties that you could get from pigs... Apache??

I would say standard bulkheads are a poor choice of light fittings. I do maintanance a some kennels. The kennels I fitted I used 2d fittings, previous electrician used bulkheads with 60 watt lamps. The 2d fittings are fairly maintanance free have not replaced lamps in a couple of years. The bulkheads with 60 watt bulbs although they have been changed to l/ energy lamps have to have replacement lamps every six months or so.

Batty

I would say standard bulkheads are a poor choice of light fittings. I do maintanance a some kennels. The kennels I fitted I used 2d fittings, previous electrician used bulkheads with 60 watt lamps. The 2d fittings are fairly maintanance free have not replaced lamps in a couple of years. The bulkheads with 60 watt bulbs although they have been changed to l/ energy lamps have to have replacement lamps every six months or so.Batty
I totally agree with you and explained this to the customer.

They said that the lights are only used for about 5 mins a day just to check the pigs.

They have already got the fittings (the previous electrician got them).

Latest posts