Printers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had problems with the HP1217. Brand new last week, after copying a few sheets 'scanner error 22' came up which could only be sorted by switching off and on again. After eventually getting a reply from HP I was told to update the firmware and given a link. Did that and now I can photocopy but it refuses to print anything from my PC wirelessly or via USB. I spent about 2 hrs faffing then decided its going back. Boxed up and returned to Argos, vowed never to buy a HP again.
Couldnt find what I wanted outside the HP sphere. Went back to Argos (very easy to return if things go wrong) had a £10 off voucher so went for the HP Pro laser 100 MFP175nw which is a colour laser - comes with a £60 cashback which means with the £10 voucher it ended up exactly the same price as the one I just took back!

I've had most makes of printers or plotters at one time and I would avoid lexmark. I like HP, the hardware has always been good, the ink prices are middle of the road but the downside for me has always been their software packages that come with the printers are just bloatware of note. I've also found Canon to be quite good.

Guys, have a look at my website www.nextdayinks.co.uk for our range of Jettec compatibles. These are genuinely the best around and are guaranteed properly so if unsatisfied then just send them back. They are not poor imports but high end, UK made remanufactured inks. Get in touch with me for best prices as I offer forum members a discount on the already low website prices.

We also sell printers too - along with all office supplies so let me know what you are after and I will look after you.

I suspect you do toner cartridges for my HP laserjet too.... will chaeck it out as I dont fancy top price paying for genuine HP toner which is extortionate

Last edited by a moderator:
I do Revjames. PM me your requirements and I will do you a fantastic deal on HP as we have some excellent discounts that I can give you at the moment away from the website ; -)