Purchasing my first MFT, need some advice please;)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously what can the new model do that your's cant? Why not keep the one you've got and get good at testing with it. If you sell it on you will loose money.

I can't see why you'd want to do that unless you have substantial personal wealth!

Save your money and buy some nice screwdrivers :)
My thoughts too Paddy. It's like a second hand car worthless. I have always got my moneys worth out of my meters. If it has hardly been used why sell it.

The new meter may have its own problems especially if it is a new model.

Batty

i have a fluke T140 (yes, thats right - i do own some fluke test equipment!) which also does phase rotation - saves spending on a separate kit for that.

the 1652 does have earth loop?

every one ive used has had problems.... only problems i ever have with my megger is a flat battery once or twice a year...
I personally don't rate Megger I have a cm500 which when testing a new install was giving me the same loop readings throughout the circuit. It was returned to Megger but they said there was nothing wrong with it. I have a fluke 1652 but I think there is a problem with the leads on this as it does not seem to zero. I am disapointed with all these meters as for the money I don't think you should have any problems with them.

Batty

"I have a fluke 1652 but I think there is a problem with the leads on this as it does not seem to zero."

I think I might have the same problem. I followed the instructions to zero the leads and it just gives me a resistance of the leads I think. Don't know if this means it will remember to take them off the results.

Only the 1653 (not 1651 or 1652) measures Phase 'Sequence' and Earth Resistance.

I have a Fluke T100, but is Phase Rotation the same as Sequence? I'm confused, lol!

Only the 1653 (not 1651 or 1652) measures Phase 'Sequence' and Earth Resistance.

I have a Fluke T100, but is Phase Rotation the same as Sequence? I'm confused, lol!
yes, same thing. just make sure you pay attention to L1 and L2 leads of T100 and your done

the 1651/1652 does measure earth resistance. just use the earth loop setting

"I have a fluke 1652 but I think there is a problem with the leads on this as it does not seem to zero."I think I might have the same problem. I followed the instructions to zero the leads and it just gives me a resistance of the leads I think. Don't know if this means it will remember to take them off the results.

Yes phase sequence or rotation is the same.

Batty

"the 1651/1652 does measure earth resistance. just use the earth loop setting"

Just read this:) I just looked at the Fluke 1650 series features chart, and it didn't have Earth Resistance checked. So I presumed that it didn't do it.

Excellent, so I really am sorted with tools:) Although, I really need to get a decent metal pocket level rather than this plastic CK one. Payday Friday:)

Thanks a lot for your help guys. Gnight.

Have been using the Metrel since middle of last year and find it great. Takes a wee bit of getting used to and have never used either the auto sequence facility or the memory/form generating functions. It feels great and intuitive to use when you get used to it.

I really need to get a decent metal pocket level rather than this plastic CK one
no you dont, i have a cheap (free from screwfix) plastic level... its in my toolbox (the one that stay in the van) and still in its original packaging

Latest posts