qualifications

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert1

Reaction score
looking to train as electrician - 2 questions -1. is it a good idea and 2. what are the entry qualifications to work 9successfully) as an electrician

C&G 2330 level 2

C&G 2330 level 3

NVQ Level 3

17th Ed

C&G 2391 Inspection + Testing

+ lots of experience on the tools

cost ~

how old are u mate and do want to work in domestics or commercial or both

Hi,

May also need AM2 and ECS card if looking at industrial/commercial.

Might also consider initial testing and inspection (2392) , PATS (2377) + some training on building regs.

I have 2330 l2&3, 2391, 2377, 2392 ... am thinking about NVQ3

Is it a good career move .... will let you know ;)

Cheers

Mark

Hi,May also need AM2 and ECS card if looking at industrial/commercial.

Might also consider initial testing and inspection (2392) , PATS (2377) + some training on building regs.

I have 2330 l2&3, 2391, 2377, 2392 ... am thinking about NVQ3

Is it a good career move .... will let you know ;)

Cheers

Mark
What? No 2382? :|

:D

Welcome to the forum Robert.

It's good to have you On-Board.

hi rob

yes i'd say 12 months (but acamdemic year shorter [sept - july]) for 2330 level 2. You can find some places that do it in a shorter time, 12 weeks for example, but will charge stupid money for it (~

how old are u mate and do want to work in domestics or commercial or both
forgive me if I am not following forum protocol but new to this. I am pretty old (48) probably looking more towards domestic as have some experience of this end of construction, also looks to me a quicker route qualifications wise to a job. do you know if C&G 2382 is a good start point?

forgive me if I am not following forum protocol but new to this. I am pretty old (48) probably looking more towards domestic as have some experience of this end of construction, also looks to me a quicker route qualifications wise to a job. do you know if C&G 2382 is a good start point?
2382 is the minimum qualification nic eic will ask for, no real need to take it straight away i would get more hands on first and learn the regs in free time

experiance is the main thing, and being able to test your own work