quick fix kit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
selotape and carrots for my horse, but Self Amalg Tape, chocbox, insulation tape, wagos etc are what i tend to carry, more so because i do quite abit of call out work for a maintenance firm in city centres where a item will just be made safe while its quoted for permanant repair. Easy to cart them around in my tool bag.

Can fix almost anything with some electrical tape and some tie wraps lol only joking.

Tend to keep some of the Greenbrook version of the chocbox on the van, some blanking plates conduit box lids. And a good selection of spare Wylex plug in MCBs/3036 fuses.

Plenty of choc block and have some Ideal Twister connectors too.

My quick fix kit

4674198.jpg

:D

Im doing a lot of council at the moment so probably 20+ D/skts, 10 singles, 20+switches(all 2 way),some 2&3gang switches, 20 pendants,cooker switches and outlets, pull cords etc, couple of enclosed and couple of 5' florries&difs, couple of bulkheads, some 2D lamps[different sizes],

some different trunking, 1x1ch&1x2ch timeclock/programmer, the usual suspects, wagos, JBs, tape, cable, cable ties, block cons, iscos, tails, a HI-int CU and various breakers and RCDs, blank plates etc etc etc,

you will never have enough.

Im doing a lot of council at the moment so probably 20+ D/skts, 10 singles, 20+switches(all 2 way),some 2&3gang switches, 20 pendants,cooker switches and outlets, pull cords etc, couple of enclosed and couple of 5' florries&difs, couple of bulkheads, some 2D lamps[different sizes],some different trunking, 1x1ch&1x2ch timeclock/programmer, the usual suspects, wagos, JBs, tape, cable, cable ties, block cons, iscos, tails, a HI-int CU and various breakers and RCDs, blank plates etc etc etc,

you will never have enough.
Is there enough room in that van of yours for your tools with that lot? Presume you chuck a drum of each cable in there as a just in case?

Sling in a couple of contactors a bag of flexi conduit, not far off steps list if I'm honest

Is there enough room in that van of yours for your tools with that lot? Presume you chuck a drum of each cable in there as a just in case?
there is never enough room,! :|

drum of 1.5, 2.5 some 6mm and some 10mm and 10mm earth and some 3c&e, 3&5c flex.

the prices are tight on council jobs and its not a good payer if you have to go back all the time.

:^O

there is never enough room,! :| drum of 1.5, 2.5 some 6mm and some 10mm and 10mm earth and some 3c&e, 3&5c flex.

the prices are tight on council jobs and its not a good payer if you have to go back all the time.
Whaaaaaaaaaat? No earth rods ? .... some DIY-ing council house tenant might put his own shed supply in and export the TNCS earth !

:red card

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 07:43 ---------- Previous post was made at 07:38 ----------

Sorry Steps, that's probably a C2 anyway :)

Good point, they probably cost more than 2 ways anyway due to not as many being sold, I can buy 2 gang Crabtree sockets cheaper than 1 gangs

1 gang 1 way are always a bit cheaper if you can save a few pence in a year its a few pounds.
but its not worth it for the extra stock I would have to carry around, not to mention the intial outlay of dead money.

Ive always been of the experience that saving pennies can often end up costing pounds if you are not careful.

But how often do you use two way switches to me you are better of carrying a box of 1 gang 1 way and half a box of two gang and the other half 1 gang two way.

In the van i've got,

Contactors,

Isolators,

SY cable 1.5mm,2.5mm,4.0mm,6.0mm all 4core,

Hydrolic crimp tool = various size crimps upto 120mm,

Large selection of MCB'S,RCD'S single and 4 pole,

Metal clad sockets and switches,

Bootlace crimps and various others,

Cable numbers and letters,

Cable cleats various sizes,

Various SWA glands and CXT glands,

Some rolls of singles upto 4mm,