Rangemaster trips RCD

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For £20 I'll do that Andy, thanks for all the help guys, house has 17 bedrooms and the cooker is located in the gatehouse which alone has 4, good customer to keep happy, I'll order the parts now 👍🏻

I still maintain it's a faulty part. Do some testing. Our 13 year old rangemaster has never tripped the rcd once, even when the "spare" oven gets used occasionally.

Now it's on its own RCBO it hasn't tripped since, even when the fan oven died. It was when it shared the RCD with various other circuits that we had problems. I've also seen this problem with brand new ovens that have been stored somewhere a bit damp. But lets be frank, nusring the oven on is an easy thing to do, if it fails we know it's the element.....

From a Rangemaster User Guide:

"Electrical Connection This appliance must be installed by a suitably qualified electrician to comply with the relevant electrical regulations, and also the local electricity supply company requirements. Current Operated Earth Leakage Breakers The combined use of your cooker and other domestic appliances may cause nuisance tripping, so we recommend that the cooker is protected on an individual RCD (Residual Current Device) or RCBO (Residual Current Breaker with Overload)."