Reading Project - New Build 300 Houses

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love shoes.

20-30 pairs of trainers at least

5 +  leather shoea

5-10  flip flops (between the toe type)

5 ish  flip flop not between the toe type

5+  pairs of work shoes

Bloody hell! I leave you lot unsupervised for one night and come back to find that you're not talking about beer, the good old days, 5ww or Melinda Messenger but about shoes! :slap (I feel almost proud, in a motherly kind of way :D ).

Pewter, you definately get the man of the year award for owning more shoes than me. (I think. I haven't counted them but a rough estimation says you win.)

That makes it awkward, well don't they say you can tell the size of a mans ........ By the size of his feet!! So depending on what shoe you take off first...................

Bet you've seen some puzzled face expressions over the years!

Last edited by a moderator:
It does make shoe buying a bit more awkward, especially as they all put the right shoe on display.... I have to get a really good fit on my left foot and then the right should be ok.

I was born with a club foot and had corrective surgery when I was 5, so my inner ankle is flat, I have a high instep and my foot is damn sensitive.. I also have to now wear insoles that tip my feet both up at the heel and towards the outside of my feet.

Up until the age of 13 I had special order shoes from Clark's used to take 6 weeks to come and cost £30 back then (30 years ago). Clark's are still the only shoe manufacturer who will do this, off the shelf now, but they charge an extra 50% for the pleasure.. I don't bother any more, but slipons are out of the question as my feet are also a width fitting different..

BTW I went through hell as a kid (especially in primary school) with all the teasing,,, you can now see as an adult how cruel kids are