Recommended Safety Boots

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pre-Apprentice

Reaction score
Looking for a new pair of safety boots but not sure what to go for. Ive been looking at Dewalt Apprentice Safety Boots or a pair of riggers. Just to make sure that these are suitable for an electrician and you can get on sites etc with these. Also is there any safety boots recommended? :)

riggers are banned from some sites. I have a pair of the dewalt apprentice boots and they are really comfy!

Looking for a new pair of safety boots but not sure what to go for. Ive been looking at Dewalt Apprentice Safety Boots or a pair of riggers. Just to make sure that these are suitable for an electrician and you can get on sites etc with these. Also is there any safety boots recommended? :)
Should be provided to you by your employer as it is classified as PPE

Should be provided to you by your employer as it is classified as PPE
Not necessarily.

If you are employed and need to go to sites where safety apparel is required your employer may provide the items directly (in which case you are likely to get the cheapest items available) or may make a contribution for you to buy your own and claim the contribution back. For safety boots, this might be

If you can get hold of a makro card go there cos they are 20 to 25 quid a pair and they do dewalt hard wearing trousers and catapiller ones for 20 quids. Cheap as chips

i get 25 quid off of boots that i buy. Not bothered on price really, just looking for comfy, good looking boots that do the job. Quite like the dewalt apprentice boots, may go for them.

Does anyone know where to get the cheapest Dewalt apprentice safety boots? Ive had a look through google and found Ebay is probably cheapest option.

Also do these boots come in black or dark colour instead of the wheat colour :) ?

I've got a pair of dark brown ones, with a free tool box from screw fix. 54quid i think

I have a pair of Dewalt at the moment.......

they were on offer at our Local Makro!!!

In the past I have had some cheepo Screwfix jobbies..

some of them have really really rubbish laces!!!:Oheadbang

Nothing worse than tying your old boots up and the blinkin lace breaks!!!

Me current pair of Dewalts are approx 14months old which is good for me...

laces still intact...

but right hand toecap starting to show through!

no sign of any other wear or any seams coming undone! :|

some of them have really really rubbish laces!!!:Oheadbang

Nothing worse than tying your old boots up and the blinkin lace breaks!!!
When you rewire your laces do you require any scheme membership, testing and notification?

:coat

I didnt think you was allowed to rewire laces until you had taken C&G and NVQ in it ?

:red card :coat :coat

Latest posts