Removing the control box from a LED rope light.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee R

Hi All and thank you for reading and any advice offered.

I purchsed some rope lights from Premier (Cat no LI062478W 5m LED 230v) and need some idea of how to remove the control box.

It is an 8 function box that wont memorise what setting you left it on after turning it off which makes it very time consuming to have to reset it everytime its switched back on.

So i want to cut off the control box and hard wire it straight to the 3amp plug, my problem is-----

The box input has 2 wires. live and neutral (Brown and blue) from plug.

The box to rope light has 3 wires (Brown, Blue and aqua)

How do i wire them into a pulg for constant shine (no flashing etc)

I appreciate you probably cant tell me how to do it for health and safety reasons etc but if you could word it as a 'suggestion' or its 'been known' with no taking responsability etc it would be

greatly appreciated. I take FULL responsibility for any change to the standard item mentioned i may do.

Thanks again,

L Richards.

Don't as the rope lights may not be 230v and you connecting directly to the mains may cause them to explode.

Like this bad day explode bad day explode bad day explode bad day explode bad day explode bad day explode bad day explode

Hahahaha thanks mate, ;p Finding a static one is a problem, they all have these blumming control boxes on em. Never mind, i will search further for one.

Thanks any how ;)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:07 ----------

A-Ha found one !! just come up on ebay, wasnt blumming there when i ordered previously...typical ;) All sorted now so thanks for helping me not to die lol

Have a great weekend.

Hasn't xmas finished now?
Not in Badgers house....... :run

Locked to prevent hi_jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts