saddle clip spacings

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b b

Reaction score
Hello chaps

Just putting some conduit up. 20mm plastic

what's the reg on saddle clip spacing? And can I use the push in type if its inside a garage?

Also can I confirm the inspection points need to be every 10m?

Thanks

Thanks steps. to be honest I will use inspection 's and bends. its for assessment and think he may ask the question so thought I better find out..

What about supporting conduit? What are the max spacing? And can I use the push in clips instead of saddles?

Thanks

Use what ever you want Paul, snap in clips are fine as long as its not freezing cold when they tend to snap off.

Horizontal plastic conduit needs at least 5 clips per length.

Use solid bends ,much neater , or bend it over your knee , only 2 right angles without a box and don't drag 6242Y through it !!

Use what ever you want Paul, snap in clips are fine as long as its not freezing cold when they tend to snap off. Horizontal plastic conduit needs at least 5 clips per length.

Use solid bends ,much neater , or bend it over your knee , only 2 right angles without a box and don't drag 6242Y through it !!
why not?

Because its a pain in the backside to get through and an even bigger pain in the backside for anyone who has to alter the circuit.

Speaking of conduit.....today i had an absolute mare trying to do a pair of sets just would not go right for love nor money

I always use 20 or 25mm conduit on rewires rather than oval find it easier to pull TW/E's in. Probably would use singles if conduit was being used for whole garage but generally will only use conduit for drops so probably would clip then use conduit for drops.