Satnavs...love 'em Or Hate 'em ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny that Deke I am an expert on the streets of Coventry. Now me and the lad that went to Elex last year got lost in Coventry. So I know it like the back of my hand. The sat nav I have is hopeless got us seriously lost we drove around for a couple of hours. Members of the forum couldn't help. I think if I went to Coventry again I would still get lost. Its a bit like Reading. I have been lost there a few times to.
Baking powder?

Members of the forum DID help - as I recall, myself and Theo spent an age on the blower to you, trying to give you directions - and I`ve no idea where I was anyway; so `phoning me might not have been TOO smart! :slap

Besides - if you`d picked the right travel lodge to start with, you wouldn`t have had a problem - the rest of us just followed each other.

I`ve a bog standard garmin - with the sound turned off always.

It might be switched on, and thinking it knows where we`re going - but I`ll ignore it if I want to go another way.

As andy says -best for finding a specific location when you`ve got to the right town/village yourself.

And you thought I might? :slap

Poor, deluded old ****** ;)

BUT - Did we, or did we not, "do the do"?

( must admit - Theospark was "da man" on that one - but he only lives round the corner)  :slap

n.b. "Last Effing Resort" am I? 

I`ll remember that.......if all else fails.............

Its a good job I don`t take offence - I`d have taken the gate as well.

S`okay - I know you love me really...........

Last edited by a moderator:
It's alright batty, I get lost in Reading too and I live there! :D
If map reading my missus insists holding the map "the way we're going"...........then when we miss the turning insists it wasn't her fault as the "words were upside down". One of the reasons I finally gave in and got the Tomtom.

Funny that Deke I am an expert on the streets of Coventry. Now me and the lad that went to Elex last year got lost in Coventry. So I know it like the back of my hand. The sat nav I have is hopeless got us seriously lost we drove around for a couple of hours. Members of the forum couldn't help. I think if I went to Coventry again I would still get lost. Its a bit like Reading. I have been lost there a few times to.
i found my way there from geordieland without a prat nav.... and didnt need to phone a friend either!

Besides - if you`d picked the right travel lodge to start with, you wouldn`t have had a problem - the rest of us just followed each other.
doesnt mean the person upfront knoew the way. it did seem to take a while to get there...

i found my way there from geordieland without a prat nav.... and didnt need to phone a friend either!
Yes you did - you `phoned me, to ask if "we were there yet" :slap

doesnt mean the person upfront knew the way. it did seem to take a while to get there...
I wasn`t in front......to start with. When some people went what I believed to be "the wrong way" - I went t`other way. We got there, didn`t we? In time for breakfast, too :)   :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
According to my top of the range TomTom G0 1005 this morning the Blackwall Tunnel is a toll crossing! Maybe it needs updating..........Oh, wait! The poxy thing won't connect anymore to any pc I've tried it on. I've tried reinstalling "MyDrive" and "TomTom HOME".

And.........unbeknown to me when I bought it, to get speed camera warnings after the first 12 months I need to pay every year. BUT I passed one today on the A13 (no warning from the unit but I was going slow anyway) and the poxy thing flashed a red screen and sounded an alarm (making me brake) then asked whether the camera was still there! It will also let me report mobile cameras back to TomTom. Talk about a one sided deal. Every time I switch it on it asks if I'm prepared to let them collect data to help improve their service.

Wish I could hack the thing!

I can see it ending up in the bin and me buying a £70 Garmin.

We have a Garmin in the car but in the van I use my iPhone with Co-Pilot on it, for £14 it does the job, yes it has taken me the long way a few times but does get you there, and for £14 its a steal, however I've not checked what they are charging for it now as I bought the app when they launched it.

Latest posts