Saw trips garage circuit - overloaded?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks guys - it's been an education 

yes it is the main consumer unit for the house but is located in the garage. Odd that it is fine in the day 

I will get someone out if it does it again 

cheers !!

A house with no lights ccts???

Get RCD changed for main switch and MCBs swopped for RCBOs, Hager units are about £15, it will save a lot of hassle from nuisance tripping.

Evenings tend to be when you have more appliances on like TV PCs, cooker etc etc, which all have a earth leakage that can build up until it trips RCD,  but I would still start with checking boiler work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Get RCD changed for main switch and MCBs swopped for RCBOs, Hager units are about £15, it will save a lot of hassle from nuisance tripping.

Evenings tend to be when you have more appliances on like TV PCs, cooker etc etc, which all have a earth leakage that can build up until it trips RCD,  but I would still start with checking boiler work.

They must be "out of sight" of the photo!

that looks like a 16th ed split load. id expect the lights to the on the main switch side to the left

Hi Guys

that is right the lights are to the right on the same box

"Get RCD changed for main switch and MCBs swopped for RCBOs" - is this a big job? Local firms here (Surrey) charge £90 per hour for electricians !!

Hi Guys

that is right the lights are to the right on the same box

"Get RCD changed for main switch and MCBs swopped for RCBOs" - is this a big job? Local firms here (Surrey) charge £90 per hour for electricians !!

Where about a are you in Surrey? My rates are far less than £90 per hour!