Scammers active again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New company got an email today
Admiral Home Management

If this is the same company...
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14766931

Then it looks like another new start-up, (incorporated on 29 March 2023),
trying to sponge some earnings out of genuine hard working tradespersons!!

Even if these types of businesses did offer a useful service, (which they don't!),
You would have to be a total idiot to commit to being a guinea-pig, working for an unproven start-up company..

Any working collaborations are always best done either with people you already know...
or with established businesses that have a good reputation and track record of prompt payment to their creditors.

I often wonder how people fall for this, but they must do because why would they keep trying?

Saying that scammers are smart and even with a thorough research process you can still get caught out.

IMO it's quite simple, if a company ask's you for monies to give you work, it's a Scam.
Well it probably isn't always a scam.

Lots of industries have well established agencies which win work for clients.

But yeah if they are calling you directly it is certainly suspicious.

Well it probably isn't always a scam.

Lots of industries have well established agencies which win work for clients.

But yeah if they are calling you directly it is certainly suspicious.
Agencies normally work on commission from the client, not payment from the workforce.

Got this ...

Good Afternoon,

It has come to our attention that there is a forum on your website regarding our business under the premise of scam.

https://electricianforum.co.uk/threads/scammers-active-again.56581/#post-546479

I can assure you, our business practices are entirely trustworthy and not dis-ingenious in any which way.

We take this matter within is entirety very serious as this forum is complete defamation of character without due cause. As such, we have been advised from our solicitors to request that this forum is taken down with immediate effect otherwise we will be pursuing the owners of your website for the following

- defamation of character
- loss of business income due to interruption
- creating a platform to promote defamation
- Creating and hosting a platform for libel

We obviously do not wish to continue with legal proceedings and ask that you kindly take this forum down as its entirely false, quiet possibly having confused our business for someone else. However I advise that if its not removed with a 48 hour window, we will have no other choice, as we have more than enough evidence proving our honesty within the industry and furthermore evidence that in fact this has effected our business income for no good reason other than false statements.

As requested, please take this forum down and we can call this situation to an end.

Regards
Alistair Brown
Legal Dept
Admiral

I would definitely hire someone to my legal department that is such a wordsmith that they come up with prose like "entirety very serious" ....

Alistair Brown, I see High Court potential from you.

This is very strange, there is a guy at Admiral group ( they are an international financial services group),this guys name is also Alistair Brown , but he works as a Data Scientist,
I don't think they are the same as Admiral Home Management, what are the chances that there would be two Alistair Browns working for a company with Admiral in their name?

Latest posts