Screwdrivers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeward92

Reaction score
I'm a trainee electrician and am looking into buying my first set of tools etc. I'd like to get some CK screwdrivers to start off with and have found some well priced ones (brand new) on eBay, but can anyone tell me the difference between their Triton XLS range and the DEXTRO range?

If it's been asked before, my bad!

No idea Jake ,  try their website.    CK  are  alright I've had quite a lot of them , just make sure you are getting Electrician's tools and not , say , mechanic's .   Its an insulation thing do'ncha know !!   

Welcome to the Forum .  

What training are you doing ?

Thanks for a quick reply, I'm doing my NVQ L2 at college in the evenings at the moment and doing some work experience as and when with a local domestic electrician. As far as the screwdrivers go they're both VDE tested to 1000v so it's probably much a muchness!

Yeah so it seems, I was after an apprenticeship but didn't land any of the ones I applied for (waaaah). So just sorted out college and got on with it that way!

The difference between the two CK ranges is the handle shape, I use the the Dextro ones and like them, my son prefers Stanley Fat Max, all down to taste really.

I'm a trainee electrician and am looking into buying my first set of tools etc. I'd like to get some CK screwdrivers to start off with and have found some well priced ones (brand new) on eBay, but can anyone tell me the difference between their Triton XLS range and the DEXTRO range?

If it's been asked before, my bad!

Welcome to the forum Jakeward, good luck with your studies and training. CK tools are one of our forum sponsors. You could maybe send them a message to get a definitive answer to your question. They may also be able to guide you about any other useful tools or offers that are within your budget.

http://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/user/20267-ck-tools/

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
neons are always welcomed in this direction,

I couldnt personally work without one,

invaluable for fault finding if used correctly.

I am a tool *****....particularly screwdrivers.

i have....

irazola, CK modulo, Wiha, Wera, Boddington, Lemp, Salisbury, RS own brand, Draper Expert, IT Orange and White Nylon66.

different styles so I can pick them out of the bag without wanting a #2 pozi and lifting a 5mm flat. I also have one beating driver which looks nothing like any other. This has a shaft which goes straight through the handle, so for obvious reasons , should this be selected in error the rest of my day could be ruined and end in tears

just collecting

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, it's really helpful, I think I'm gonna go for a set of CK Dextro screwdrivers, they do an 8 piece set that looks like it will set me in good stead.

Nice one Jake....

Some people post questions then never come back to acknowledge any answers given....

It don't normally take any longer to post quick thank you than it does to post a  question...

So cheers for saying thanks to all who have replied to your question!!

Have a free forum beer!!

Guinness   Guinness   Guinness   Guinness

Latest posts