Sds attachment for earth rods

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was Reading wiki about tt earthing and read about a square adapter for sds which takes a socket for banging the stake in using rotostop on drill.

Anyone know where to get these from as I can't seem to find them?

Thanks

Probably a second hand shop as they are carp.

Using a lump hammer will give you a feel for the ground in which you are installing a rod.

Thanks for that patch i may get me old man to make something up from an old sds bit on his lathe.

Init you recon it's no good doing it that way? Have you tried it mate and it's no good?

Cheers

I wouldnt say it was no good.

I prefer to knock in with a lump hammer.

At least that way you can "feel" the rod going in, in case of buried nasties.

After all, its not too difficult.

Also, as fas as i know, you cannot get them for sds+.

tool shopping matty? :D
Lol. Just looking mate. Had to put a rod in last week as house had no earth or bonding ffs. After I banged the rod in the plumber who was fitting the boiler said your definitely a smoker ain't ya. Shows how unfit I am. Which is why I wondered if the sds attachment may save abit of graft.

Anyone out there use one of these?

Or are they rubbish?

Cheers

I've never used one but I would say that if they are all for SDS Max then they are more than likely no good with SDS+. Easy to make one anyway, just need an SDS stump of some sort, old drill bit or chisel, and weld something on the end that will accept a rod, like a suitable socket.

A lump hammer is fine for an odd one. I put 68 in in two days at a caravan site in the spring!

I made a driver, used the stub off an SDS+ bit welded about 50mm of 20mm galv conduit to it (neat fit over 16mm earth rod), sleeved the joint with 50mm of 25mm conduit, worked a treat.

Latest posts